Facilities Operation & Maintenance
Site Operations Support
GbE is well versed in the planning, design and maintenance of federal facilities. Our Facilities Operations and Maintenance staff is comprised of
- Registered Professional Engineers (P.E.),
- Certified Plant Maintenance Managers (CPMM),
- Certified Plant Engineers (CPE), and
- Certified Professional Property managers (CPPM)
- Highly qualified logisticians, procurement specialists, and work control specialists.
Our management staff:
- Is experienced in working with both represented and non-represented work force
- Has demonstrated the ability to reduce grievances made by labor through focused communication and clear delineation of work to be performed by the various trades.
Services that can be provided by GbE include but are not limited to the following:
- Administration of Security Programs
- Safety, Disaster Preparedness and Fire Prevention Programs
- Work Management, Supervision, Coordination, Scheduling, Planning of Maintenance
- Development of Annual Work Plans
- Energy Conservation
- Engineering Plans and Services
- Maintenance of Statistical Information, Records, Logs, and Real Property Records
- Structural Inspections and Development of Capital Improvement Plans
- Routine and Preventive Maintenance on Electrical, HVACR, Water/Waste Water, and Boiler-Steam and Natural Gas Systems
Site Administrative Services
The administrative services related to facility management is unique in that it requires a knowledge of the technical services being provided and the reporting requirement of the client/location to its next higher headquarters and the budgetary process utilized by the client. The administrative services provided by GbE to its clients include but are not limited to:
- Work Control:
- Call Desk Support
- Budget Services:
- Development of Capital Improvement Requests
- Development of Real Property Improvement/Replacement Requests
- Tracking the Cost to Maintain vs. Residual Value
- Environmental Reporting:
- Compliance Tracking
- Recording Remedial Actions
- Pollution Prevention Outreach
- General Administrative
- Records Management (hard copy and electronic copy)
- Contractual Documents
- Employee Personnel Records
- Safety Records
Construction and Renovation Management Services
As a small company, GbE has successfully accomplished projects that are normally awarded to much larger firms. GbE has staff experienced in the design, estimating and construction management of construction/renovation projects. Clients for GbE’s construction and renovation services have included the US Air Force, Department of Veteran Affairs, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, and the Department of Energy - National Energy Technology Laboratory (DOE - NETL).
Examples of GbE’s Facilities Operations & Warehouse services are varied;
- Site Operations Support contractor for the DOE-NETL research and development sites in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA
- Acted as principle subcontractor or prime contractor for the renovation of a USAF hospital Obstetrics Building
- Replaced three water tube 30,000 lb/hr boilers and retrofitted the boilers with low NOX high efficiency burners that either fire natural gas or No. 2 distillate fuel oil and retrofitted the boilers with a new boiler combustion system at two VA Hospitals.
- Provided design, facility alteration, equipment acquisition, installation, program and project management, and testing services for new electrical service supply at FLETC, Cheltenham, MD campus.
- Procured, assembled and installed a waterfront Port Security Barrier (PSB) and mooring system at Bremerton, WA for Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Performed a turnkey design/build services constructing Protective Security Centers (PSC) for use by the local emergency management and law enforcement agencies in selected cities.