Information Technology Services
GbE is well versed in the planning, design, certification and accreditation, maintenance of client IT network environments and development and evaluation of the business process IT interface related to Enterprise Architecture (EA). Our technical staff is comprised of certified professionals who hold various industry certifications, i.e. MCP,MCSE, MCDBA, etc.
Our management staff:
- Is experienced in the development and fielding of IT solutions
- Has demonstrated the ability to manage projects to ensure on time delivery within established budgets
- Has diverse experience with;
- Enterprise Solutions
- Certification and Accreditation
- Technology Help Desk Services
- Electronic Records Management
The GbE has deployed the Trust Active Directory (TAD) and performed accelerated migration of over 5000 workstations to the TAD including
- Consolidating over forty different and independent security realms into a single enterprise directory service
- Allowing Indian Affairs better manage IT resources with reduced ongoing operations cost
- Controlling, centrally, the security configuration of IT assets throughout the enterprise.
GbE is currently designing and preparing for deployment of network management tools including:
- Microsoft SMS to manage software deployment and patches
- The NetIQ suite of tools to monitor network server health and performance, aggregate and aid the analysis of security logs, and manage the enterprise network
- A Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) to manage computer authentication and IPSec encryption of network traffic in accordance with client guidance
- Support for the deployment of the client’s outsourced PKI for user certificates; Microsoft Identity Integration Server (MIIS) to synchronize directory data amongst the various applications and systems in use throughout the clients various nationwide locations and to streamline the identity management process.
GbE is also employing a holistic approach to develop the governance structures necessary to support IT planning and investment, process integration, and oversight, resulting in business efficiencies and organization-wide cost savings ($300,000 in savings on one task). The GbE Team is developing the EA, applying proven tools and techniques, as well as leveraging BIA’s existing business information and repositories.
Certification and Accreditation
GbE is leading a team that has provided certification and accreditation (C & A) services at all stages of the process for a number of government organizations. These services have included using processes such as
- the DoD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP)
- the National Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (NIACAP)
- the expert implementation of the currently recognized standard from the National Institutes of Standards and Technology (NIST), Special Publication (SP) 800-37, Guide for the Security Certification and Accreditation of Federal Information Systems.
IT Project Management
GbE has experience in managing diverse IT projects using personnel with
- Federal client
- industry best practices
- Project Management Professional tools.
Our ability to ensure high-quality, on-time services is driven in a large measure by four factors:
- Executive sponsorship and culture fostering the attitude of “do whatever it takes to make each task a success”
- Experience and capability of the Project Manager and Technical Team Leads
- Complete project plan complemented by meticulous management to the plan
- meeting agendas
- action item tracking
- work breakdown structure (WBS)
- earned value management (EVM)
- lessons learned
- weekly status report
- change management
- integration management
- risk management
- communication management
- time, cost and scope management
Our incremental and phased approach is systematic, yet flexible, and applies insightful business analysis to practical solutions planning and development.
Technical Help Desk Services
As technology changes, so does the demand for prompt support with the transition to new software—both commercially available and proprietary—and hardware on which these applications run. GbE is committed to providing its clients with
who are experienced
- multiple software packages and operating systems,
- discussing the technical aspects with the customer’s Information Technology staff
- providing technical services to the everyday user of the applications.
- National coverage where required with a single call number from either a single site or multiple site help center.
- Technical staff to travel to a site to troubleshoot an issue.
GbE’s management team has a 12-year history of teaming, winning, and performing numerous government contracts and providing diverse information control services to include Records Management. GbE has the requisite skills to
- Undertake routine records/file management tasks
- Digitize the records
- Develop key word searches that will allow the client to reduce on-site records storage
- Rapidly sort and find the specific records.
GbE’s management has provided records management services to various clients to include
- the Department of Defense (DoD), both at the installation level and at the Corps of Engineer (COE) District level
- the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) at the Regional level
- other customers who have contracted with General Services Administration (GSA) for services.
of the services
to our assignments.