About Us - Our Heritage
Goldbelt Inc. History . . .
- Founded in 1973 and incorporated in 1974
- Organized under the terms of the 1971 Alaska Native Claims
Settlement Act (ANCSA)
- Headquartered in Juneau, Alaska
- Principal business during the first 20 years was the
harvest of timber from its land at Hobart Bay
- Since 1994, the corporation has doubled its assets and
now operates multiple 8(a) subsidiaries
- Largest provider of entertainment for visitors to southeast
- Has over 3200 Alaska Native shareholders
Goldbelt, Inc. has over 3,200 Alaska native shareholders who benefit from the economic and business development initiatives carried out by GbE and other Goldbelt subsidiary businesses. A goal of the Corporation is to provide meaningful and increasing dividends to the common stock share holders of the Corporation.
Shareholders collectively hold the entire 272,200 shares of Goldbelt stock, representing assets of approximately $62 Million plus over 32,000 acres of land in the vicinity of Juneau, Alaska.